About Women Dental College

The city of Abbottabad is not only the capital but also the historical and natural crown of the Hazara Division. It was founded in 1853 and is famous for its verdant parks, gardens, golf course and pine-covered hills. Women Dental College Abbottabad is situated in the scenic town of Abbottabad about 05 km away from the heart of the city on Murree Road Nawanshahr. The calm and quiet atmosphere, abundant greenery and cool shades provide congenially and an ideally suitable environment for learning to the students and staff.

The College is housed in a historic building of a Sikh Residence commonly known in the city as “Babu Eishwer Das Palace” which is spread over an area of 100 kanals of land. Almost 60% of the area is covered by the campus building i.e. old and new and the rest 40% comprises of lush green lawns, gardens, and playgrounds within the premises for the girls’ student under desired security measures.

The College started its classes in 2000 and to present the College has undergone tremendous development. Women Dental College is recognized and affiliated with Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC), Khyber Medical University, Higher Education Regularity Authority (HERA) of Gov. of KP and College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (CPSP) Karachi. For the Better practical knowledge of students, adjacent to the building, College has its international-themed Hospital named Jinnah International Hospital Abbottabad (JIHA) that is providing finest medical services in the entire region with the capacity of 200 beds. Alongside Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Teaching Hospital (Ex-DHQ) and Women & Children Hospital are the KPK Government Hospitals attached to the Women Dental College under a Govt. Private Partnership Agreement. Rehmat Memorial Dental Hospital is also attached to WDC for teaching the purpose of BDS.